Welcome to Alloa Academy
Colin Bruce – Headteacher
I am delighted to welcome you to the Alloa Academy website which we aim to keep up to date on a regular basis. I hope pupils, parent and partners find the information about the school helpful.
Alloa Academy makes use of social media (Twitter) to communicate with the learning community. We also have a school app.
In Alloa Academy we are extremely proud of our young people and our local community. Building positive relationships is at the heart of everything we do here in Alloa.
We are fully committed to ensure that every young person receives the very best learning experience and we constantly self-evaluate, innovate and look for new ideas to improve.
We share the success of our school and our young people in a variety of ways from awards nights, coloured ties, Twitter updates and merits.
I look forward to working in partnership with you and if you require any further information or support, please get in touch.
Colin Bruce – Headteacher
About Alloa Academy
Alloa Academy is a six year comprehensive school, situated in Alloa, Clackmannanshire.
The four associated primary schools are:
- Redwell Primary School
- Sunnyside Primary School
- Park Primary School
- St Mungo’s RC Primary School
Being placed in Central Scotland we have good access to other major towns and cities including Dunfermline, Falkirk, Stirling, Glasgow and Edinburgh (all within 1 hour drive/train).
Alloa Academy has a student roll of around 690. We have 61.9 Teaching staff including teachers within our Extended Additional Support faculty.Alloa Academy moved location in Alloa in February 2009 and at that stage we had a brand new building with state-of-the-art facilities opened.
The school has been very well maintained since then and the learning environment is innovative and supports our Learning and Teaching.
At Alloa Academy we relish having the following resources to best meet the needs of our Young People:
- A fully equipped school Assembly Hall/Stage/Theatre seating
- Modern IT suites and interactive whiteboards
- Extensive sport and fitness facilities, which also serve the local community
- Flexible learning areas for each faculty
- Science Laboratories with specialist equipment
- Career focussed Food Technology and Hospitality facilities
- Well resourced practical workshops
- Grass and 3G astro turf playing fields
- Mirrored dance studios
- Specialist Resources and classrooms to Support young people accessing the Extended Additional Support faculty
- Hydro Therapy Swimming Pool
- Views of the Ochil Hills and River Forth
- Wellbeing Worker On Site
- Community Police Partnership
Say it out loud!
“Say it out loud!” is a feature of our website for pupils and the school community to contact the school directly. Select an option from the menu below then write a comment in the space provided and your message will be sent to the right person.